A quick guide to help you decide if an adjustable bed is right for you.
We all agree on the importance of quality sleep. What’s debatable is which products can help us get it. This article offers a quick guide on the pros and cons of investing in an adjustable bed.
Way back when, adjustable beds were primarily reserved for hospitals (aka EXPENSIVE). But, like any popular technology, over time, the price goes down. Adjustable beds are now affordable for many of us to use inside our own homes.
Reasons To Get An Adjustable Bed (The Pros)
Get one if you have back issues.
Adjustable beds help relieve back pain, especially so if you suffer from chronic back pain:
- Spinal stenosis – Position your bed more forward to expand the space in your spine and decrease pain.
- Degenerative spondylolisthesis – Sleep with your knees and back elevated to relieve pain.
- Osteoarthritis – Set your bed to a reclined position to help with joint compression.
- Back surgery recovery – Elevate your upper body to minimize lower back strain and help you get better sleep while you heal.
Get one for the health perks.
Adjustable beds offer tons of health benefits :
- Breathe easier – Sleep in an inclined position to help with different breathing issues like sleep apnea, asthma, and snoring.
- Improve digestion – Angle your body so your stomach is above your intestines, allowing your digestive tract to run smoothly.
- Ease heartburn – Sleep at an incline to help with acid reflux.
- Enhance blood circulation – Elevate the bottom half of your bed so blood flows back to your heart. As a result, you’ll improve overall circulation while reducing swelling in your legs and feet.
Get it to improve your overall quality of life.
- Gain independence – An adjustable bed can literally help you get in and out of bed, and support you while you complete tasks like eating, writing, and working on your laptop. This means working from home just got way comfier.
- Maintain quality sleep – Having a bed that can adjust to your needs means you can maintain sleep quality as those needs change. Adjustable Beds adjust, who knew!
- Get custom comfort for you and your partner – If you have a partner, there are adjustable beds that allow each of you to adjust your own side of the bed. So you can keep your side inclined to watch your favorite late-night TV show while your partner reclines to catch some Zzz’s. Win-win.
Reasons Not To Get An Adjustable Bed (The Cons)
Don’t get an adjustable (yet) if you’re thinking about getting a new mattress.
Imagine you decide to buy adjustable base and then soon after upgrade from a queen to king mattress. If upgrading your mattress is on your mind, consider ways to execute this purchase together so you can get the most out of your investment.
Don’t get an adjustable bed if you have drawers under your bed frame.
Adjustable bases are designed to fit inside most bed frames. Bed frames with underside drawers, however, likely will not work with an adjustable base.
For over 35 years, Sit ‘n Sleep has been one of the top suppliers of adjustable beds in Southern California. We’d love to match you with one that fits your lifestyle and your budget. Call or visit us .We’re here to help you Sit ‘n Sleep more comfortably.