Some people swear by silk pillow cases. By skipping the cotton, nylon and other “rough” fabrics, those folks who use silk list a bevy of benefits, not the least of which involves more healthy skin and a restful night’s sleep.
99% of humanity has slept on something other than silk pillow cases. So who’s right? The masses, or the miniscule portion that’ve traveled the Silk Road to sleep? The results are mixed, but silk pillow cases do show some interesting results. Sit ‘n Sleep has done some research, and here are some arguments from the pro-silk side:
· Non-absorptive qualities. If you use creams or other facial treatments, a silk pillow case won’t absorb any product. But cotton cases (and other fabric types) can rub off vital moisturizers. As you can probably guess from this benefit, silk pillow cases are very popular with older women.
· Helps reduce skin wrinkles. Unlike a standard cotton sheet, silk’s forgiving & smooth texture is easier on the skin. Upon awakening, people who enjoy silk pillowcases show a better complexion, at least when it comes to wrinkles.
· Dust mites, be gone. Silk’s ultra-tight weave discourages dust mites, bed bugs and other nighttime critters. Even the cotton and nylon blend types can agree – that’s certainly a good thing!
· It’s softer – much softer – than cotton. This is silk’s big draw. Forget the anti-wrinkling, no dust mites and more. With literally silky smooth texture, it’s simply more supportive and comfortable.
· Bonus reason: improved hair appearance. For those people who suffer from chronic “bedhead,” give silk a try. Generations have used silk for better-looking hair. Hey, maybe grandma was right about this one!
Sit ‘n Sleep not only carries a great selection of mattresses – we also have some silk-inspired pillowcases for your consideration! With the benefits we just listed, perhaps you’d like to give one a try! Feel free to also browse for the perfect mattress pad or pillow to get the best night’s rest possible.
For more information about our products, call (800) 908-0354. Thanks for visiting Sit ‘n Sleep. Check back to the S ‘n S blog for more updates.