The power nap. The afternoon siesta. The mid-day shut-eye. Whatever it’s called, the daily nap is a popular method to restore energy, shake off the cobwebs and generally feel better. Some athletes, politicians (President Ronald Reagan was a famous napper) and other luminaries have enjoyed naps everywhere and anywhere throughout history.
What happens when you take a daily nap? As it turns out, plenty of positive stuff:
· Heart-friendly benefits. Daily naps have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. So grab those mid-day zzzzz’s…your heart will thank you!
· Increased productivity. Forget burning the afternoon oil. A mere 30-minute nap can restore energy levels quickly and effectively.
· Better alertness. Even just 20 minutes of napping can help keep you more alert and perceptive, according to a highly publicized study from the National Sleep Foundation.
· Lower stress levels. With a nap every day, say goodbye to burnout. Small naps make a big difference, especially the chronic on-the-go types.
· More creativity. Naps can boost the brain’s overall function, including creative endeavors. Want another bonus? Better sensory perception is yet another benefit of napping every day.
Back to those politicians for a second. Winston Churchill, who knew a thing or two about hard work and the benefits of a nap, once said, “Nature has not intended mankind to work from eight in the morning until midnight without that refreshment of blessed oblivion which, even if it only lasts twenty minutes, is sufficient to renew all the vital forces.”
Just like a lot of Churchill quotes, we couldn’t have said it better ourselves!
Remember, you can make time for a nap if you really want to. It’s pretty certain your schedule isn’t as hectic.
If a nap is a critical part of your day, you might as well enjoy it on a superior mattress. Sit ‘n Sleep, Southern California’s premier sleep store, has something for everyone. Our SoCal showrooms provide convenient locations all over the greater Los Angeles area, the Inland Empire and elsewhere.
Call us at (800) 908-0354 for more about our inexpensive, high-quality inventory. With brand-name workmanship at budget-friendly prices, you’ll find the mattress you’ve been looking for. Our contact page has a message center, addresses and other helpful information.