A good night’s rest is crucial for maintaining physical and mental health, regardless of age or gender. For adults, at least seven or eight hours of sound sleep nightly is recommended. With sufficient sleep, you can experience the following health benefits:
Sleep and a Healthy Heart
- – Sleep rejuvenates the circulatory system and helps prevent heart disease. Getting between seven and nine hours’ of sound sleep nightly helps keep blood pressure and cholesterol levels under control.
Sleep Plays a Role in Preventing Illness
- – Scientists have established a direct link between sleep and the immune system’s ability to fight infection and disease. People who regularly get enough sleep are generally healthier and less susceptible to illness. Those who do become ill often recover more quickly.
Sleep Helps Rejuvenates the Mind & Body
- – Sleep is nature’s “time out” that gives the body a chance to recover from stress and strains of everyday life.
Sleep Improves Stamina
- – A Stanford University study concluded that football players who regularly get a good night’s rest significantly increased their average sprint times, had more stamina and suffered less from daytime fatigue. Tennis players and swimmers enjoyed similar results.
Sleep Improves Cognitive Function
- – Sound sleep is known to improve short and long-term memory, rational thinking and the learning & decision-making processes in people of all ages.
Sleep Promotes Healthy Growth in Children
- – Hormones that promote normal growth in young children and teenagers are released during sleep. That same hormone also repairs cells & tissues and builds muscle mass in both children and adults.
Sleep Helps Lower Risk of Obesity
- – People of all ages who sleep well are less prone to being overweight than persons who are sleep deficient or sleep deprived.
Want to find the right mattress for getting a good night’s rest? Visit www.SitnSleep.com today.