While having a fitted sheet on your mattress is great, folding it up to store neatly in the closet is a whole different beast. Even crumbling it up and tossing it into the closet may seem like the easier option. However, there are definitely foolproof techniques according to Martha Stewart for folding this troublesome sheet.
These instructions are for a right-handed person, but you can just reverse the instructions if you’re left-handed.
HOW TO FOLD A FITTED SHEET
1. Hold the sheet by the two adjacent corners of one of the shorter edges. Have the inside of the sheet facing you and place one hand in each of these two corners.
2. Bring your right hand to your left and then fold the corner in your right hand over the one in your left, enveloping it.
3. Shake it to get everything to line up at the bottom.
4. Afterwards, reach down and pick up the corner that is hanging in front then bring it up and fold it over the two corners in your left hand. The corner that’s showing will be inside out.
5. Bring the last corner up, and then fold it over the others; with its right side showing, it should envelop the other three corners.
6. Lay the folded sheet on a table and straighten it into the shape shown.
7. Fold the two edges in so all the elastic is hidden.
8. Fold the sheet into a rectangle.
7. Continue folding until the rectangle is the size you want it to be.
And voila! While the fitted sheet can be a nuisance, this step-by-step guide will soon have your bedding accessories closet looking neat and organized!